On the evening of Friday 5 December, a CBI/EHPEA dinner seminar was organised in the new Intercontinental hotel in Addis Ababa. The objective of the dinner seminar was to inform farm owners about the ongoing CBI trainings and to get their involvement in the upcoming master class trainings. A total number of about 65 people attended the dinner seminar. Participants represented a nice mix of Ethiopian, Indian and Dutch farms.
1. Glenn Humphries (Training coordinator of EHPEA): Welcome and introduction.
2. Geert Westenbrink (Agricultural Counsellor, Netherlands Embassy): Overview of the Netherlands support for the floricultural sector in Ethiopia.
3. Dirk-Jan Zegelaar (CBI): Introduction into CBI and the CBI flower trainings.
4. Ato Mulugeta (Production Manager of Fioryi) and Ato Navale (Farm Manager of Holeta Roses): Participants overview of the 2008 trainings.
5. Bert-Ralf Ottens (FloraHolland): The international rose business.
6. Milco Rikken (CBI): Quick Market Scan “Ethiopian flowers in the EU”.
7. Maarten van Woerden (CBI): Introduction to the 2009 Master Class.
8. Ato Tsegaye: Word of thanks.